abstract submission for the doctoral symposium
The GNLC is delighted to invite you to submit abstracts for poster or podium presentations at the Doctoral Symposium. This is a wonderful opportunity for you to take advantage of a collegial learning environment to practice your skills. To that end, abstracts will be accepted on a first-come, first-served basis, as long as they are in the appropriate format and we have representation from a variety of schools and program types. Please follow instructions carefully.
Posters are automatically entered into a contest - when you submit your poster abstract, the judging criteria will be sent to you.
1) At the top of the document, please put the name(s) of the presenter(s), program type (DNP, DNS, EdD, PhD), and school name
2) Include two learner objectives (i.e., measurable outcomes of the presentation that complete the sentence, “The learner will be able to….” each limited to 25 words or less).
3) Email all abstracts to: email@example.com
4) Label the email and the document with the word “poster” or “podium” (according to which you prefer) and the last name(s) of the presenter(s) For example: “Poster Smith and White”
5) Submit the abstract as a word document
6) For POSTERS: Maximum poster size is 30” x 40” . Mounting material will be provided.
1) Word limit: 250 words (excluding title, author names, and affiliations).
2) All abstracts should include the following sections:
b. Purpose (or aim)
c. Background (or significance)
e. If your work is not yet complete, you may include a section with “expected outcomes” or something similar. If your work is complete, you should include a “results” section
g. Keywords (three)
3) References: please use superscript within abstract and have a separate reference section (not included in word count)