APRN POSTER- presented by Dr. Wheeler at the 12th Annual AAMC Health Workforce Research Conference in Chicago May 5-6, 2016
2016 Legislative Results for Nursing
- FY2017 Appropriations Bill - includes $200,000 in funding for loan repayment for APRNs and PAs who practice in rural and underserved areas, $4.3 million in additional pay for public health nurses, $6 million for a new Behavioral Health Crisis Stabilization Center
- HB 509 - passed - established the Georgia Palliative Care and Quality of Life Advisory Council
- HB 649 - passed - RNs do not have to obtain additional licensure as Lactation Consultants by the Composite Medical Board
2015 Conference - APRNs: Access and Economics in Georgia
Sept. 21, 2015, 7:30am - 3pm at the Emory Conference Center.
Thanks to all for coming! Here are some materials from the event:
- Copy of the day's program
- Dr. Eichelberger's APRN Presentation powerpoint
- Dr. Eichelberger's References for Advocacy
- Pat Horton's LiveWell Georgia Nurses presentation
- Dr. Chesney's Journey to Full Practice Authority presentation
- Michael McCann's Salary Survey presentation
- Beth Stephens' Georgia Watch Presentation
- Barbara Safriet's GA APRN Resources
Thank you to our sponsors:
*Page access restricted and for committee members only.
Nurse Residency Programs
Chair, Karen Rawls, RN
- We are currently reassessing what the key issues are for residency programs in Georgia and how the GNLC can effectively address them. Please contact us if you have useful information or would like to be part of the discussion.
If you are interested in working with any of these groups, please go to the "Contact" page and indicate your preferred committee in the appropriate box.