Welcome to the Georgia Nursing Leadership Coalition (GNLC)
We are Georgia's Action Coalition, dedicated to advancing nursing in Georgia according to the Institute of Medicine's recommendations in the 2010 Future of Nursing report. We are dedicated to the values of leadership, collaboration and diversity.
See our newly-published article reporting the results of our first Doctoral Student Survey: Wheeler, R. & Eichelberger, L. (2017). Perspectives of Nurses Pursuing Doctoral Degrees in Georgia: Implications for Recruitment, Journal of Nursing Education, 56(8), 466-470. DOI: 10.3928/01484834-20170712-04
- Download our Georgia Nursing Workforce Report 2014-2015
thanks for a wonderful doctoral symposium!
- Click below for more information and to see the winners of the awards and photos from the day.
- The National Forum of State Nursing Workforce Centers will hosting its 2018 annual conference June 20-21 in Chicago. Click HERE for more information.
- If you are a nurse, and you are on a Board, please be sure to let the Nurses on Boards Coalition know! Just click HERE or go to our Leadership page for more information.
- See our new page with Resources for Doctoral Education
- Thanks for a great 2016 Doctoral Symposium! See the education page for resources.
- Linda McCauley, PhD, RN, Dean of the Nell Hodgson Woodruff School of Nursing at Emory University, has been named the 2016 recipient of the Hatcher Award for Excellence in Public Health. See press release here.
- GNLC Coordinator, Rebecca Wheeler, PhD, RN, was just elected to the Board of the National Forum of State Nursing Workforce Centers
- Dr. Eichelberger and Dr. Wheeler presented at the Annual Conference of the National Forum of State Nursing Workforce Centers in Orlando. April 27-29
- To see a PDF version of Dr. Wheeler's presentation "Underrepresented populations in nursing: Perspectives on doctoral education" CLICK HERE
- Dr. Wheeler presented APRN data at the 12th Annual AAMC Health Workforce Research Conference in Chicago May 5-6. See poster on our Practice page.
2016 Legislative results for nursing:
- See more information on these results on the Practice page
- HB 509 & HB 649 were passed
- The FY2016 Appropriations bill had several favorable aspects for nursing
- HB 813 and SB 314 did not pass
Click below to learn more about what the GNLC is working on.
CAMPAIGN FOR ACTION HIGHLIGHTS:
- See the IOM webinar “Assessing Progress on the Institute of Medicine The Future of Nursing Report”
- See the Campaign for Action 5-year Celebration video
- The Nurses on Boards Coalition website has launched! Check out the website and be counted if you serve on or want to serve on a board.